Registering to Attend Surf Expo as a Buyer
|Surf Expo is a Trade Only event featuring more than 2,500 booths of apparel and hardgoods and a full line-up of special events, including fashion shows, annual awards ceremonies, and demos.|
First Time Stores/Buyers
You’ll need to set up your store, then yourself and/or other buyers who wish to attend. Please submit any 2 of the following credentials to be considered for approval.
What you’ll need to set up your STORE (submit any 2)
- Copy of a valid Retail Business License or Certificate of Resale
- Copy of your Federal Tax ID
- Two (2) recent invoices for products/ merchandise similar to that exhibited at Surf Expo
- Website available (valid and in working order, not “parked” or “under construction”) for online retailers
- An invitation (e-mail or written letter) from a current Exhibitor at Surf Expo
What you’ll need to register FIRST TIME BUYERS
- After your company is set up your can register your buyers
- Copy of W-2 for each prospective attendee
- Personal business card for the Attending Company/ Store
If you are a Veteran/Returning Buyer who has attended Surf Expo between September 2016 and January 2018 your information is likely in our system, but you will still need to register for each show and create a new password. You do not need to resubmit your documentation. If you wish to bring additional buyers who have not previously attended Surf Expo, documentation and ID will be required (see “FIRST TIME BUYERS above). If your most recent Surf Expo attended was in January 2016 or prior, you must be approved and will be asked to upload documentation.
Onsite Registration and Badge Pickup
A government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.) and business card will be required to register at the show, as well as pick up badges.
Buyers’ Guest/Team Rider Fee: first free, others $30 each, maximum of 4 total.
Missing Badge Fee Onsite: $50
View our list of frequently asked questions relating to registering for Surf Expo as a buyer.
No one under the age of 16 is allowed at Surf Expo. However, the show does recognize certain situations and can make some exceptions to this rule. Exceptions that will be considered are:
Shop owner’s children. We realize that many small shops are family run stores. The children will someday own & run the business. You may request a badge for those children who are aged 12 -15 years old.
Nursing Mother. If the owner of the shop is a nursing mother and the child is less than one year old, a request may be made.
Medical reason. In certain situations a badge may be granted.
Requests for minor admittance must be received no later than August 31, 2018. To submit a request for a minor to attend the show, please review the exceptions above, then fill out the minor request form. The request form will be available when show registration becomes available.
To Requests made after this will not be accepted, nor will any on-site requests be granted.
- No Strollers are allowed on the show floor.
- If, for any reason, the child must be removed from the show floor, any associated costs will be the sole responsibility of the parent, guardian, or exhibitor.
Questions about Surf Expo? The Buyer Relations Team is here to help!
|Steven “Fish” Fisher
Sr. Buyer Relations Manager
Emerald Expositions reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at its events at any time for any reason.