SURF EXPO SEPTEMBER
Surf Expo is the longest running and largest boardsports and beach/resort lifestyle tradeshow in the world.
Get a head start on Spring & Summer orders. Dollar for dollar Surf Expo offers your sales and marketing teams the highest ROI for both time and budget.
Our September 2013 Surf Expo was the largest in our 38 year history, and we welcome you to be a part of this proven, vibrant marketplace for buyers and sellers.
*numbers September and January averages
WHY EXHIBIT IN SEPTEMBER?
- The September 2013 show was the largest in 38 years.
- Attendance topped 27,000; a 14% increase from the previous year.
- More than 8,000 buyers from 52 US States and Territories, and 69 countries attended.
- Over 7,500 retail storefronts were represented.
- First time stores increased 36% between 2012 and 2013.
- Surf Expo was named Fastest Growing Tradeshow for Attendance 2013 by TSNN.
WHAT MAKES THE SEPTEMBER SURF EXPO UNIQUE?
- The addition of our Wake & Wind categories in September attracts retailers from inland & freshwater locations.
- September draws international buyers from year-round warm weather destinations such as Puerto Rico, the Caribbean Islands, Latin & South Americas, Bermuda, Mexico, Southeast Asia and Costa Rica.
- The September Surf Expo hosts Board Demo Day, an outdoor event that attracts more than 800 retailers to test the latest wake and SUP lines.
- While 65% of buyers attend BOTH September and January Surf Expo, 35% attend one or the other (approximately 1,200 buyers). A consistent presence at both shows is the only way to reach all Surf Expo buyers.
2013 Fastest Growing Attendance:
-Overall (TSNN) &
For Profit Show (TSNN)
2013 Top 25 List Fastest Growing Attendance (TSNN)
2012 Top 25 Fastest Growing Show (TSNN)
2012 Top 50 List (Trade Show Executive)
2010 Top 250 Fastest Growing Show (TSNN)
What markets does Surf Expo represent?
Feedback from the Show
This show has been the single best trade show we’ve ever had, It was a combination of the quality of the buyers that we saw and the consistency of our booth being busy.
John Vance, President, Freewaters
It’s been a great show. Our goal is to have full, packed days- and that’s definitely been the case.
Charlie Setzler, President, Rusty
We do three sports categories- kiteboarding, wakeboarding and stand-up paddleboarding- and being in the heart of surf Expo allowed us to see a ton of buyers.
Greg Kish, Sales and Marketing Director, Slingshot
Surf Expo has a great history and as a new brand and first-time exhibitor, we’ve had a great experience here. We’ve opened a ton of new doors and seeing all sorts of buyers, which is great for us.
Brandy Faber, Marketing Directory, Roark
This show was very productive for us. We checked out some cool sunglass lines in the resort section and picked up a new line for our Michigan State Campus location. We would have never known of them unless we attended your show.
George Leichtweiss, Owner, Modern Skate & Surf
Surf Expo is the key strategy we use to market to the masses. I don’t know if there are a lot of industries who can count on one event that can get so many of their targeted market together in one place at one time.
Lisa Shinham, Wave Zone Skimboards
I thought the show was great - I spent all 3 days there from opening to close and wrote orders daily, especially with the smaller brands that don't have local reps.
Coco Tihanyi, President & Owner, Surf Diva, Inc.
We were able to place some great buys for our Spring 2014 season with some new and existing vendors. It was all very exciting!
Tara Jardine Towers, Senior Logo Buyer, Marshall Retail Group
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Surf, Skate, Electronics
SUP, Wake, Wind/Kite
John "JR" Rosenberg
Resort & Souvenir
Nikki Houston Duroe
Swim, Lifestyle, Boutique, Footwear, Yoga/Athletic Apparel
REQUEST A CONTRACT
To receive a Surf Expo Exhibit Space Contract, please complete the form below.